Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The final Day

The final day in England was very hectic. Since going to the Theatre the night before we left, we were up too late and many of us worked really hard to stay up as late as we could so that we could sleep on the flight. Most of us were up by 4:30 am and all of us were in a cab headed to Heathrow Airport by 5:30 am. Customs at Heathrow went quick with no setbacks but our flight was delayed for twenty minutes. Once we got off that flight, we had to go through Customs in the Detroit Airport. This proved to be a little more complicated for some. I personally was picked for a random check right off the bat. They took me to another room and searched all of my belongings. They were very nice about it, but it took probably 10 minutes.

Once i got through that check, i went to the carry-on check where i was randomly searched for a second time. This also took about 10 minutes. Here they made me take off my shoes and my jacket and they also gave me a common body search to make sure i wasn't carrying anything on me. Once that was done, they looked through my bags again and put me in a sound wave machine making me stand in two different positions...Like a mime. By time i got through both checks it had probably been 25 minutes or so and i was finally off to join the rest of the group. I was not the only one in the group it turns out, that got randomly checked twice. Megan got searched twice and Kevin was searched once. Only a little bit of a nightmare but it turned out alright in the end.

In this last week, we've seen a lot of amazing things and I have taken pictures of everything. Here is just a taste of some of the things we saw on the trip and some shots of the other students that i think you might enjoy.


London Eye


Big Ben


Lincolnshire Cathedral


Harlaxton Manor


Stonehenge

Lincolnshire Cathedral (Again)


Bath Abbey
Lincolnshire Castle

Lots of travel time and staring out windows

Some classtime time as well.


Touching the water from Bath Abbey. Don't touch your eyes afterwards Megan.

Lots of waiting for transports.

The last night. Lots of tired faces.

The British way is evident everywhere. Loved England and i can't wait to go back one day. It's been a time i don't think any of us will ever forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment